Friday, March 2, 2012

New Jewelry

Finally decided to get a blog going....more for me than anyone else but anyone is welcome to listen in.
A few weeks ago I decided to learn a new stitch for my bead embroidery/weaving (I still haven't figured out where one starts and the other one ends) I decided to follow some instructions in the Beadwork Magazine titled 'Favorite Bead Stitches' to learn a spiral stitch. The spiral stitch has always seemed to me like it would be so hard to do so I was pleasantly surprised to find out how easy it was. So anyway what started out to be just a practice piece I decided to turn it into a whole necklace so I started a medalion piece to hang from it. Then I decided to add on to my spiral that was all finished using two colors....olive and purple....but I wanted to add some blue to bring the medalion and the necklace spiral more together. I'm sure what I did has been done and must be called something but I haven't a clue what that would be. I took some #15 blue seed beads and added them to the center bead of the spiral. What I didn't realize was how tight those #11's that I was adding the bead onto were. My needle is bent in so many directions from trying to get my needle into that center bead it's not even funny....what I hate is how bent the tip of the needle keeps getting. That's why I had to take a break and ramble about it for a minute.....I'm calmer now and can probably get back to it. I wanted to post a picture along with it but I don't see how to do it.....hmmmm....this blogging stuff might get the best of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment